Regulation of the MINISTER OF HEALTH
For the period from 25 March to 11 April 2020, the Polish government has introduced new restrictions on movement. There are some exceptions to those restrictions:
- Performing professional activities or business duties, and the purchase of goods and services related thereto,
- Satisfying the necessary needs related to current matters of everyday life, including obtaining health or psychological care (e.g. sports activities that do not violate the general safety rules and adhere to the rules of the city authorities, going for a walk) of that person, their closest ones,
- Performing voluntary and unpaid services to combat COVID-19,
- Observing religious practices, including religious activities or rites.
The new restrictions on movement and gatherings are as follows:
- While walking – two persons can move together keeping a distance of not less than 1.5 m from each other (except family members),
- The allowed number of persons that may stay at the same time in the means of the city transport will correspond to half a number of seats designed for that means of transport,
- During religious ceremonies, e.g. messes and funerals no more than 5 people excluding those involved in conducting such events,
- Social meetings and social activities are not allowed except for those involving persons/family members who live together.
Border crossing regulations:
- A person crossing the state border in order to go to his/her place of residence or to stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland shall undergo a mandatory quarantine, after crossing the state border, in order to prevent and combat infections and infectious diseases in humans. The quarantine shall last 14 days, counting from the day following the border crossing,
- The obligation to undergo a mandatory quarantine shall now also apply when crossing border of the Republic of Poland as part of performing professional activities on the territory of the Republic of Poland or a neighboring country by a person performing professional activities in these countries,
- From 27 March 2020, a person crossing the border of the Republic of Poland in the course of performing professional activities on the territory of the Republic of Poland or a neighboring country may receive, at his/her request, from the competent body of the State Sanitary Inspection a certificate of the compulsory quarantine.
The governmental website below (Polish language only) provides a lot of details with regard to the new regulations: